Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Dear Network Executives,

At least those that don't work for Fox.

Hi. I'm a 24 year-old female with disposable income. I'm in the market for a car, and I'm a sucker for iPods. And I don't watch American Idol. Now, I know that you all think that no one would ever want to watch anything but American Idol, but that's just not true. And I've got to tell you that a 3 week hiatus while you all cower in the corner waiting for the boggart to leave is just not cool.

I know, I know, AI pulls in more than 30 million viewers each week. But still - there are 300 million Americans, which means that at least a few of us might want to watch something else.

I know this is a shell game, and that all you care about is boosting your ratings to increase your advertising revenue, but I bet there are plenty of people out there like me who don't watch American Idol and are just pissed off that now there's nothing to watch but re-runs or melismatic histrionics. There is something to be said for keeping your customers happy, you know.

Sincerely,
A Concerned Viewer

No comments: